Saturday, February 15, 2014

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not, He Loves Me...YES HE DOES!!!

I just realized last night that February 6th was my born-again birthday. I've been a Christian for 42 years. I don't know how I could've let it slip by. Getting born-again was by far the most important and best decision I've ever made, and probably will ever make. It's the one decision that affected my eternal destiny. At the time I didn't realize the import of it, I don't think, but now I certainly do, and I am eternally and forever grateful to God, and to my savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, God's Son, for loving me enough to die for me, for loving me enough to take the punishment for my sin. Oh my! Words can't express my gratitude… And the great mystery to me is that Jesus would love me at all, knowing the depth of sin in my heart. I just can't fathom that at all.

But He does, whether I can understand it or not! That's the weirdest, and yet the most wonderful part of the mystery. He loves me, even knowing my sinfulness!! I don't understand it, but I'm certainly not going to reject it. That would be just plain dumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment