Monday, February 3, 2014

Those Bossy Clothes!

I had to take my computer to the Apple Store this afternoon, because I managed to lock myself out of it - harrumph!! - and I couldn't figure out how to get back in. Fortunately the guys at the Genius Bar were able to easily figure out the problem and get me going again. While it was happening I was very upset, but in retrospect the whole situation was quite laughable.

As I was leaving the Apple Store I saw this advertisement at a store across the street that said, "Don't let your clothes be the boss of you," that started me thinking. My first thought was that if I were letting my clothes be the boss of me, I would dress very differently than I do. I thought that I would dress in a very feminine manner - even though I'm not exactly sure what that would look like, maybe low-cut dresses all the time. The thing is, low-cut dresses don't look feminine to me. They look immodest and kind of whorish. 

And then the thought occurred to me that by dressing the way I do now, never wearing dresses of any kind, always wearing jeans and baggy tops, not even wearing nice pants or slacks, maybe I'm letting my clothes be the boss of me indirectly. Hmm… Isn't that a fine closet of clothes!! Now that I've figured it out, I have to determine how to change it. 

Maybe I should leave that part up to the Lord, or at least what the solution is. Once I know what the solution is, then I can go about carrying it out… 

No comments:

Post a Comment